It's hurricane season, and that means it is time to get prepared!
Christine, having already lived through the apartment flooding last year, has taken it upon herself to get her and her little ones prepared. (None of these pictures were staged. This is truly how Christine recommends we all get prepared.)
Christine's Lecture on Emergency Preparedness
"Tangy Bear, Lamb Chops, and Baby doll. Good everyone is present."
Then you must gather together everything you could possibly need if you had no running water, electricity, or access to stores for 72 hours. You don't have to copy my list exactly, but I've pretty much covered all the essentials. (oh, and its best to keep these essentials in a pretty purse because it's practical and looks good).
In my purse I put an enormous bag of jelly bellies for food, a baby bottle with fake milk for my baby doll, and ranch dressing which has enough calories to feed us for 72 hours.
Now it is essential that you dress properly during an emergency. You need rubber boots to keep your feet dry, your purse full of your essentials, and your Dora shirt because it matches your boots. Pants are not recommended if you're in a flood. They can get wet and add a lot of weight. I prefer just wearing a diaper! It keeps you cool and dry. You could also wear Dora panties if you are potty trained.
You also don't want to be bored so you should bring some reading material and a pretty necklace to play dress up with. Lamb chops gets cold so I'm going to bring a small blanket.
Now it's time for role-playing. If the apartment starts flooding, we would all pile into this big basket in my bedroom (this is also a good spot to hide during tornadoes and when Dad is vacuuming)
Then I climb in on top.
And now you we are all prepared for hurricane season!
If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.
2 comments:
I loved this! :) we'll totally have to follow those tips now that we live in FL! :)
PaBruce says this blog is unbelievable and he is going to email the whole family so they can learn emergency preparedness. GiGi says, "That's my little Diva! She's got her priorities just right!"
Post a Comment