Every spring the Houston Livestock and Rodeo show comes to town. We have gone every year we have lived in Houston. Each trip has been quite unique as our lives keep changing. The first year, I was pregnant and ate two of everything in sight. The second year we went to the evening rodeo show and the Brad Paisley concert. It was the first time Jeff and I went on a date since Christine was born. (Note to self: next time you have a baby DO NOT wait so long to ask for someone to babysit!) Then this year, we skipped the evening rodeo show and concert and went to the day events.
Honestly, the day events aren't as cool as the evening shows, but we still had a good time. Christine loved seeing all the animals.The baby chicks were her favorite. I thought she would be excited to see the cows, but she was pretty scared of them. They were very big cows.
We enjoyed some funnel cake and ice cream cones (not nearly as good as when I was pregnant. The rodeo food was crazy good when we went the first time. I am sure they were probably the exact same. Pregnancy cravings are soooooo weird)
Our favorite activity was an agricultural scavenger hunt for the little kids. You went through a maze of hale bales and went to stations to collect farm things to put in your basket. We got to feed plastic chickens, collect eggs, plant a seed for a red pepper, then pick the grown plastic pepper, pluck a peach from a tree, and more. Then with all the collected items we got to "sell" all of it at the farmer's market and then buy something from the little store. Christine picked a Capri Sun.
Christine's favorite part was playing in the sandbox of corn feed.
Do you like her dress? I made it :) I chopped up an old sweater of mine that never fit right. I used this tutorial but instead of making a casing for the neck, I used some ribbing. My first knit fabric project!
No comments:
Post a Comment