Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Craft Sickness

For about 2 months now I have been suffering from craft fever
Activities that put a person at risk of getting the disease:
  • Seeing some of my awesome co-worker's at Heritage and even some of the clients crocheting beautiful afghans.
  • Obtaining 50% off coupons for Michael's and Joann's
  • 2 months of free sewing classes that came with the purchase of my beautiful Bernina Bernett (Every Saturday for 2 hours I have been learning how to use my machine, and I have learned that my sewing machine is AWESOME!!!
  • Discovering the world of craft blogs! (Did you notice the list of craft links that appeared on my blog a few weeks ago?)
  • Running into craft magazines at the store like Craft n' Things, Quilts and More, Crochet Today etc.
  • Going to the library and checking out every book on crochet and softie making.
  • Discovering that the library also carries past issues of aforementioned craft magazines- and putting as many as I can get on the ol' library card

Symptoms of the craft fever:

First symptom: A simple washcloth to see if I remember how to crochet



Jeff suspects that nothing is wrong at the this point in time


Then I crocheted a cozy for my cell phone (to disguise it in my purse since cell phones were supposed to be left in cars at work- but every time I left it in my car I would forget it and Jeff would have to run out to the car after we went to bed to retreive my cell phone/alarm clock!)


But then my ipod became jealous of my cell phone

I can't play favorites!

At this point the symptoms grew out of control and I had to admit- I had craft fever.
Unnamed Cupcake. Inspired by Betz White and My Paper Crane. Likes cooler ranch doritos and peanut butter + honey sandwhiches.


This disease may be chronic, so the only thing Jeff can do now is to ignore it or acept it


Nameless cupcake has a friend! But he was sent to live in Cedar City where he spends his time golfing and hanging out with Ashley at SUU. His new home is more loving than his first. He even got a name...Hammer!

What am I going to do?? Not only is this disease chronic, I fear it is contagious! I spent this weekend in Layton with my family for general conference and my sister Jessica and I sewed tote bags together and then she she started crocheting a banket! Sorry Jessica. I guess you are doomed.

2 comments:

~Ali said...

Very impressed! I can't believe you did all that. You can officially be the Hamaker domestic diva. You're kicking all of our butts.

I have had a sewing machine for nearly 5 years now, and I think I've used it twice. You'll need to teach me a thing or two.

Original Kos said...

HAHAHHA! Angela, soooo cute! I think only I can appreciate how cute these are. And Amy. She would be so proud!!! You are so talented! I love the picture of the cupcake on your hubby's shoulder. hahaha.