One of my new goals for the year was to post more on our blog. Now I realize why I never post: it is because I never have anything to write about!! So today I am sharing some new recipes I tried out this last month that are delicious!
Southwest Smothered Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
sour cream
Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides with cumin and cayenne. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Meanwhile, combine corn and salsa; spoon over chicken. Top with cheese. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with sour cream.
Yield: 4 servings

Banana chocolate chip muffins
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1-1/4 cup mashed bananas
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup chocolate chips
Beat butter , sugar, and eggs until fluffy. Add buttermilk and bananas. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour into batter and mix until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins 2/3rds full. Bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and frost with cream cheese frosting (recipe below).
Cream Cheese Frosting
6 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
Beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of milk to cream mixture, beating constantly. Stir in remaining milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired spreading consistency.
1/2 cup milk
Beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of milk to cream mixture, beating constantly. Stir in remaining milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired spreading consistency.
3 comments:
What a great idea - to post more and to share favorite recipes. You know I'm always in desperate need for help in the kitchen.
These recipes sounds delicious, Angela! I think it's a great idea to post recipes. You cook so often I think. I loved that.
The muffins look delicious - but I must mention that they are not muffins if they have frosting on the top! I think we must consider these "cupcakes" now. But still tasty. :)
-Sandy
Post a Comment